Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- Nelson Mandela
It has been said that “Education, in the largest sense, is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual.
In its technical sense, education is the process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills and values from one generation to another”. Education, thus, is that fundamental fulcrum which stimulates social evolution.
On the global platform, India has the responsibility of transforming itself into a developed nation with a strong ethical system- this; however is a great challenge, as this can only be achieved through the youth of today who have the power of ideas, ambition, ability and most importantly passion.
I believe passionately that we are all born with tremendous capabilities and, unfortunately, we lose these as time goes by and ironically this can be directly attributed to the current system of education which stifles the creative senses rather than enhance it.
Margaret Mead once said, “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” I philosophize that an enlightened and socially responsible human being can be molded by a teacher via two unique characteristics- first, by inculcating curiosity and drive among the students to inquire, innovate, create and lead by example. Second, by developing a strong value system and putting the same to practice- the noble life pursued by a teacher indeed becomes a beacon to the students.
We, at Graphic Era Hill University, strive to create an environment where every individual is inspired to grow beyond the realm of the curriculum to achieve personal as well as well professional growth. Our efforts are aimed at identifying human talent & passion and understanding the conditions under which this talent can flourish to the full extent. Graphic Era Hill University, is thus about “how we can prepare our students in the best possible way to meet head on all the challenges of the future.
With these words, I would like to welcome all to Graphic Era Hill University and wish them all the success in the world as they embark on this new journey with us.
- Prof. (Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala
Prof Dr Kamal Ghanshala, an engineer with a doctorate in computer science, began his illustrious journey 23 years ago with a computer center. He was armed only with his vision of making quality technical education available to the students. It was his philanthropic mission which culminated to the formation of the Graphic Era Educational Society encompassing two universities spread across three campuses in Uttarakhand catering to 10,000 students annually. He is an “edu”preneur in the true sense who relentlessly strives to make quality education across multiple disciplines easily accessible to all. His noble efforts have been recognized both at national and international platforms– he was conferred the Best Manager of the Year in Science and Education Sphere by the Europe Business Assembly, Oxford City (UK). As the Chancellor of GEHU and the President of GEU, he believes in the principle of “Leadership by Example” and continues to teach and interact with students. He has a rich teaching experience and is inargu aly one of the leading experts in teaching of Computer Aided Design, programming languages and data structures. His excellence can be gauged from the fact that he has presented many papers and received recognition at various international conferences and seminars such as Denmark, Croatia, Johannesburg (South Africa), Turkey, London, Paris and Bangkok (Thailand). He is truly the “Global Indian".
Some Achievements of Prof. (Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala
- Conferred with the Prestigious title of 'Manager of the Year in Science and Education Sphere 2015' by the Europe Business Assembly at the International Summit of Leaders held at Oxford Town Hall, Oxford City UK
- Conferred with the prestigious Gold Star Award at the International Quality Summit organized in New York, USA
- Honored in Britain' International Conclave for his research on "Difficulties encountered in making education available in remote and inaccessible terrains"
- Honored as the Program Committee Chair for 4th International Conference on "Computer Communication and Management (ICCCM 2014)" to be organized in Paris, France on May 21-22, 2014
- Received Excellent Paper Presentation Award on IT - Initiatives for Empowering Difficult Geographies in 35th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces in Cavtat, Croatia - June 24-27, 2013
- Recipient of Best Paper Award in International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Data Mining & Information Technology (ICIDIT, 2014), Bangkok
- Recipient of the Best Paper Presentation Award in 3rd International Conference on Computer Communication and Management (2013) in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Recipient of the Uttarakhand Ratna Award and International Millennium Goldstar Award (Thailand), for exemplary contribution to technical and professional education
- Additionally, Prof. Dr. Kamal Ghanshala has contributed many research papers in International conferences and Journals of high repute. He is involved in many research projects in the field of IT