BOS for M.Tech. (Communication Systems) is conducted regularly to keep the curriculum updated according to the latest technology. The curriculum of M.Tech. consists of subjects areas like Antennas, Information Theory and Coding, Signal Processing and Image Processing. The main emphasis of this program is to give student the in depth knowledge in the field of communication systems. Students generally enroll in this course if they want to excel in the field of research related to communication technology.
Apart from theory classes, M.Tech. students have to undertake project work which hones the skills that student acquires in the classroom. There is a six months thesis work that student must complete for the award of degree.
- Valid GATE score
- If seats remain vacant, admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying degree
The students of M. Tech (Communication Systems) have a plenty of opportunities in public as well as private industry. In private industry, Communication System Engineers can get a job in core companies like Texas Instrument, SCL (Semiconductor Limited), ST Microelectronics, Nokia, Siemens, Airtel, Reliance Communications, TATA, Samsung, LG Electronics, etc.
These professionals are also needed in software designing companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro and others. Here the students work at par with Computer Science Engineers. Curriculum of the course is designed in such a way that student is well aware of software designing concepts. Apart from private sector companies, M.Tech. students are needed by public sector companies like BHEL, BELL Laboratories, IOCL, and Government based research organizations like ISRO and DRDO. M.Tech. students also find the requirements in aviation industry.
There is no other branch other than ECE that offers a plenty of research opportunities. Companies are always innovating new electronic products and demand for ECE engineers always remains steady
Image above: Guest Lecture by Dr. Ajay Malik, Scientist-G, DEAL, Dehradun on "Recent Development in Satellite Communication"
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering of GEHU, Dehradun strives to enhance the employability quotient of its post graduates and graduates by organizing year round guest lectures and interactions with eminent members of the Academia and industry to enable students to better understand the latest trends and developments in the field of communication engineering and system design.
Image on Left: Interaction with Mr. Ashok Mishra, MD Si2chip Technologies Pvt. Limited, Bengaluru
Image on Right: Guest Lecture by Prof (Dr.) M.V. Kartikeyan, HOD, Department of ECE,IIT Roorkee on "Antenna Parameters and Industrial Application of Millimeter Wave devices"
This Department has additionally organized the National Conference on Microwave, Antennas and Remote Sensing which saw renowned scientists and researchers come together to discuss various trends in communication and electrical engineering with students and faculty resources of the University alike.
Achievers of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
TERI (The Energy & Resources Institute) and TERI University had organized a pan-India Inter-University Competition on Water Resources Management. This innovative and competitive project was designed to check students' level of awarness and personal comprehension about water bodies close to their places of residence/study. The competition would thus allow students all over India to develop a multi-stakeholder understanding of the need for Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) through direct action and would make the TERI expertise and resources, opportunities for internships, research and networking and specialized mentoring by German experts available to all the participants.
A team from Graphic Era Hill University too participated in this competition. This team comprising of Abhinav Bahuguna of BSc IT, Lavanshi Anand and Shailja Chaurasia of BCom (Hons), and Pratyuesh Kala and Rajat Panwar of B.Tech
(CSE and ECE respectively) successfully cleared the Stage 1 of the Competition among over 50 teams participating. This team was the only team qualifying from Uttarakhand and was awarded the 1st position in the Northern Region. In the Final Round conducted in January 2016, they secured the 4th Position Pan India.
Students of Electronics and Communication Engineering from the academic year 2011-2014 of GEHU had participated in the Texas Instrument's Innovation Challenge 2015 aimed at promoting IC-based system design among student community. 2 teams of GEHU have qualified for the quarter final round of the same. The first team comprising of Akanksha Gulati, Apurva Garg and Naina Agarwal have made a project on "Smart Crop Monitoring based on soil nutrients". The second team, comprising of Ishan Sharma, Rajni Bhatt, Himani Joshi and Sumit Kukreti, have designed a project on "Loco Gatling Gunner Assembly". Both these teams worked under the direct supervision of Mr. Rahul Chauhan, a faculty in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
|Over 2 thousand teams from all across India participated in the competition and the team of students from GEHU were among the top 100 teams to have qualified in the quarter final round. Each team has received 15,000 INR as equipments from Texas Instrumentation for their corresponding projects. The winners of this challenge will receive a total of $10,000 and an internship opportunity at Texas Instruments, Texas (USA)
143 students of Electronics and Communication Engineering received their membership from Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) marking the establishment of the IETE chapter in the Department in GEHU, Dehradun
A few more acheivers of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering are:
- Chandni Tiwari, M.Tech, student published a paper , “A Novel Approach to reduce BER in MIMO system”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Sports Science, ISSN: 2348-1404, 2015, Impact Factor: 0.621.
- Neha Jagga & Neelam Chhetri (B.Tech, ECE, 2011-15 ) students published a paper, “Parametric study of different feeding techniques to microstrip antenna at 2.4 GHz”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, ISSN: 2250-2459, Impact Factor 2.324.
- Apurva Garg & Akanksha Gulati, B.Tech. ECE(2011-15) students published a paper on, “Design and Implementation of D Spatial Filter for EEG and MRI Segmentation”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication.
- Archana Ghildiyal, M.Tech. scholar presented paper on “Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio based on energy detection” International conference on Soft computing techniques for engineering and technology, Aug, 2014 GEHU, Bhimtal.
- Archana Chandola. M.Tech. scholar presented a paper. “ Automated License Plate Recognition System based on Template Matching and Neural Network. International conference on soft computing techniques for engineering and technology, 7 -8 Aug., 2014 GEHU, Bhimtal.
- s Jyoti Negi (B.Tech. ECE, 2012-16) was selected for the summer research fellowship program-2015 in IIT, Mumbai .
- Rachna Panwar and Mr Anurag Kaushik B.Tech. EEE sem. 8th qualified GATE-2015 with a score of 560.
- Swati Singh and Mr Rajat Panwar, B.Tech. ECE qualified GATE 2015 with a percentile of 92 and 95 respectively.
- Ayushi Duggal and Ayushi Sajwan, B.Tech ECE students, participated in Miss Uttrakhand contest-2015. Ayushi Duggal was awarded the "Miss Media Choice" and reached the top 12 of Miss Uttarakhand -2015.